This Seminar takes place at Kaposia (223 Little Canada Rd. E, Little Canada, MN 55117) in the Maple Leaf conference room August 13-17 from 9:15am to 4:45pm.
A Printable Registration Sheet can be found HERE
This course is 5 intensive days of workshops that prepares participants to facilitate WRAP® classes and equips them with the skills and materials to facilitate classes in their community and organization. It is for people who have completed a Seminar I WRAP course. The WRAP® Facilitator training provides an experiential learning environment based on mutuality and self-determination. Participants in this course will be expected to participate in interactive learning activities and demonstrate their own experience with WRAP.
This training is appropriate for anyone who would like to lead WRAP® groups, work with others to develop their own WRAP and give presentations on mental health recovery related issues to groups or organizations. Participants are expected to have a solid working knowledge of WRAP and share their experiential knowledge of how WRAP can work.
Before attending the training, it is expected that you have familiarity with the different parts of WRAP through completion of a Seminar I WRAP training.
This course is designed to help you become a powerful change agent as a WRAP Facilitator. You will gain a deeper understanding of the recovery process and learn to:
- work with people who have mental health challenges to discover the strengths they have and can use to enhance their recovery
- effectively share the underlying concepts necessary to recovery – hope, personal responsibility, education, self-advocacy, and support
- work with individuals and groups to develop a WRAP
- teach about wellness tools and strategies
- empower and motivate people to work toward recovery – feeling the way they want to feel, making their lives the way they want them to be, and moving toward meeting their life goals
- use interaction and presentation styles and strategies that enhance recovery